Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dear Simone

Dear Simone,

We have come a long way as a solo parenting household and I know it has been a long and tough road sometimes. But we have gotten through the ugliest parts, haven't we? And today, as we live out our days as the fluffy team, I look forward to sharing more laughter and love with you. And I will assure you that we will get through all days in the future with you and me together.

I know you already understand the set-up that we are in, but if one day will come when you get to ask yourself why, don’t ever doubt answering it with: why not? Always know that I have always loved you from the moment I first heard your heart beat, at 5 weeks in my tummy. Always know that there will never come a day that you will ever feel unloved. Or lacking.

Always remember that you are perfect in mommy’s eyes, and that I thank the Lord every single moment that I can for giving me the chance to take care of you, to love you and to cherish you. Never go on a day carrying the “what if’s” and “what could have been’s” for they are not yours. They are never yours to begin with. Leave it to the wind, as I have left mine the day I committed to being your mother. Know that I owe this life without burden to you.

Never forget that we have a beautiful family and a strong support system that have always been there for us in all the turns we took. 

As you grow and go on this journey of life, you will encounter many friends, and many un-friends. Choose the people you give your heart to, but be generous with your love, as you have always been. Never lose that twinkle in your eye, or that beautiful smile.

If one day you will wake up with a broken heart and tears in your eyes, always remember that mommy is an arm’s length away. And this beautiful family that we have will always come running to you; run back home, for you will always have a home to come back to.

Never doubt for a moment that you have blessed this home and our hearts with the love and bounty we can ever imagine.

I love you Co. The whole family loves you so much! 

And remember this day as the beginning of the days when you will never doubt this kind of love for a moment.


Love, Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I remember reading your essays when you were my student in UPLB back in 2000. You are an expert at representing your emotions with words.

    I am happy that you have found love. Coco mirrors your love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Dieg! I have always loved your classes.

      Delete
  2. aww! you're gone an extra mile as a single mom Jel. You've raised coco so well. Sometimes we surprise ourselves because things still worked out despite the rough road we've been through.
    congrats jel! so proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!