Sunday, January 16, 2011

There's always a way.

Change is good.

What makes life so beautiful is the random things that take us wholly- the sporadic moments that occupy a lifetime shelf-life. One moment it was just this and the next thing, it's already something else. Something good, something beautiful.

A few nights back, me and little one had a serious talk. About me and my work, her thoughts about my job and our short-term future of school, goals, and various plans. This little girl who gave me pieces of advise is raising a mother.

Mommie: C, I'm thinking of going back to school.

C: But you have your bank job.

Mommie: I know, so it's going to be after work. It would mean, I'll be coming home later than usual.

C: Oh, I can manage eating dinner alone.

Mommie: Okay, I'm not gonna push through with after work school. (Eating dinners alone is so heart-breaking)

C: Do you really want to be a ... mom?

Mommie: Yes.. for the longest time. But it's okay, mom can always write.

C: Then we can always have late dinners.

AND yes, this little girl doesn't just hold my hand, she guides the way. Sometimes, I feel like she's older than me- wiser, more perceptive, more loving. I have been struggling with my dream, always putting it aside because of other urgent matters.

Other excuses.

But I guess, when the right time comes, you just know it. You just feel it. And with this little girl by my side, I feel like the change we all wanted to happen has finally arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!