Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kung Fu Panda wisdom

Me and lil one stayed up late watching Kung Fu Panda, and we laughed, giggled and cried a bit the whole time.

She couldn't understand, though, how Tai Long became bad, and that how can Master Turtle leave in the middle of something great.

We discussed how the bad heart come to be but I couldn't truly discuss Master Turtle's departure as fully or as profoundly as I want to.

I couldn't fully understand the latter either. But we find comfort that whenever someone leaves, someone worthy takes the place. As Master Rat took up the stick and started believing in Po, the best has started to materialize.

Our favorite part of the movie was Po learning Kung-Fu. Cocobear loved it because Po was able to prove himself, and worked hard to become what he is destined to be. (YES, Cocobear really told me this and in her own words, PO became a good Kung Fu student because he worked hard). I loved it because it allowed me to realize that there are many approaches to learning and teaching. "I realized that I cannot train you the way I have trained the others" and Master Rat took out the dumplings to encourage Po.

I have been struggling with teaching Coco her letters, and as I feel like she is WAY behind her lessons, I am told that kids her age should only learn phonetics, and some. I, on the other hand, wanted her to be more.

Lil girl had this attitude that when she refuses to learn, she would barely lift a finger. She wouldn't look at you, repeat after you, or even listen to what you have to say. AND it gets me frustrated.

But lately, I find her taking out her flash cards herself and asks me to quiz her. AND beautifully enough too, she is able to get the first 5 letters right. I guess, being patient in teaching her things, and finding the right approach to capture her interest are the only ways to get her to maximize her potential.

And my own study habits and.or techniques may not be the best for her too. (I finally get it, and I don't beat myself too much)!

So this Sunday Morning, we take a rest from letter drills and the shapes and the writing. We'd spend it watching Kung Fu Panda again and laugh as hard when Po defeated Tai Long using his big belly.

LOLZ

Such a beautiful movie.

One more good thing about Kung Fu movies? This particular one is packed with words of wisdom. And as it was repeatedly said in the movie: There are No Accidents.

Indeed, everything is meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!