Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm gonna be a size F O U R

Ever since I turned 25, my body couldn't seem to process the sugar and the fats as fast as it did around 10 years ago. Now that I am turning near the station 30, my metabolism has certainly taken the slower lane.

Although I have been struggling with the weight gain, I have ironically come to love my body as it is now. Yes, I'm still cutting back on the rice intake, the sweets and the chips. I have started going with the more greens diet and less of anything hard to digest. I have started drinking water in litres too. lolz

I have even started taking green tea again in the mornings. Less coffee, less milk and whip cream :D

But I am THROUGH the stage of letting people push me and pressure me by making nasty, nasty comments! It's funny now though, when I look back on it, I should have known better than to listen to their opinion. Much more letting it affect me. Aside from the fact that it is laced with malice and intent to belittle my self-esteem, these people making the comments are those who LIVE to belittle people and raise themselves in the process. Ironically too, these very same people are no beauty experts themselves. tsk!

Now that I am fitting well into size 6 and can squeeze my way to size 4 (LOLZ), and losing the beer, errr, baby belly is actually liberating.

And I realize that losing the fats, the belly, the crazy ass depression over weight gain is something that I deserve. It's something that helps me gain control of my weight, my life, my moods, my decisions and even my market. lolz

So, the next uphill battle is to convince this big ass of mine to actually start running again. And take control of my health.

And speaking of health, God help me on finally quitting smoking, for good.

For real.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! there's a sign of progress and you can take baby steps. you'll get there. :D
    It's all in the mind. Sometimes you just have to say NO to temptations.

    Honestly, no matter what your size is I still think you are pretty. REALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! thank you Lot, you're really, really supportive! :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!