Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tranquility in a Bottle







One of the things I promised to do this year was to go on long drives, just to soak in the sun and the view.
So, Today, we went out early to one of the most peaceful places we know.

 Me and my cousins have always been water babies-- yet ironically, I never really learned how to swim beautifully. But i have always loved the ocean. Loved the breeze and the sun. And the tranquility of the surroundings. The sea  always manages to throw with the waves the clarity and the calmness this mind..
this heart.. badly needs.

As me and little gurl dipped our bare feet in the cold salt water, I couldn't help feeling the need to bottle this moment in a jar. 
Wrap my head around this perfect moment.
Shake some sense into my head by etching THIS moment into my sanity.

So I wished, if I can stay in this place for a moment longer.
Not think about things.
Not go back to my usual daily routine.
Not just yet.

As always, I've managed to screw things up-- not entirely, just a bit. 
Rock the boat, just as things are going realllllly okay.
And it irritates me how I keep doing this.
Just this time, I can't even put logic into anything.

Today, I woke up with a million questions.
With a hundred more anticipations.
A few from the years before. 
More from my now.
And about a thousand more about tomorrow.

And what's weird is that I am not even making an effort to think some things over.
Maybe because I have already figured it all out.
Just that, what I feel and what I think, are two different things.
Two different worlds.
Two different sides.
And I'm not ready to take a stand just yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!