Monday, April 23, 2012

A grateful heart is a contented heart

God, sometimes my drama is excruciatingly sickening.

lolz

The first thing that greeted me this morning was my post about feeling crappy. I know, some days, I just feel like in the dumps. But on my normal days, i don't think I actually, really am. :)

I know for a fact that I am blessed more than I appreciate that I am.

So, I chuckled when I read the post.

Although the crappy feeling was real, I am thankful that a handful, pail-full of tears and a box-full of tissue solved the never-ending drama in my life.

The crying always works.

Today, I met a woman who had a chip on her shoulder.
We talked and I learned of the blacks and blues.
And the things that I have been spared of.
And I realize, that despite my challenges and my drama,
I should be just thankful instead.

So.

I am thankful for every night I snuggle with lil gurl.
For the mornings that greet me beside her.

I am thankful for the laughter that we laugh.
The tears that we cry.

I am thankful for the quaint tea shop my Cuzn T introduced to me.
And for the life conversations we have with people we don't likely expect.
I am thankful for weekends with my little one.
For the 'moments' that we have.
I am thankful for the stories I can tell.
And for the lessons we learn.
I am thankful for my friends who always know when to call, what to say or what not.
For hugs that transcend even great distances.
I am thankful for my job - that keeps me busy and feeling productive.
For something that has made everything tumble into place.

I am thankful that I am building my own little kitchen.
And the idea that I can start baking again.

I am thankful for my dreams.
For my plans of the future and the fact that there will always be hope.
I am thankful for my faith that never wavers despite everything.
For the prayers that we say.
I am thankful for the words that always come tumbling out
laying my feelings and thoughts down.

I am thankful for the everyday learnings.
And realizations.
And the strangers that we meet everyday.

I am thankful for the fact that I feel beautiful most of the time.
(REALLY!!)

And most importantly, I am thankful for the someone who constantly thinks I am.
Despite the lbs, the pimples or stress. or the attitude.

I am thankful for the fact that I have friends who still believe in fairytales.
because of them, I feel like I can have mine :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!