Tuesday, September 14, 2010

S oul Ma t e S?

Do you believe in soulmates?

I can't believe it, but I do. I've seen so many couples come together like a force drawing two people together and matching their hearts, like broken puzzle pieces, getting fixed, becoming complete. i've seen two people losing a lot only to gain something much more. And just like all the other ironies in life, I haven't met mine but I believe in the concept.

My best friend Y has found hers. And the only funny thing about it is that they have been beating around the bush to actually make things happen. I don't pretend to know or even understand why things are the way they are. When she told me, asked me, I can only say 'I believe you' because for the life of me, I don't really get it.

I'm not sure if it's like that Coldplay song, Fix You, when tears come streaming down your face... when you love someone and it goes to waste.. could it be worse?
or that Colby Caillat's Lucky.

Maybe, if soul mates really exist, I hope that Y's prayer will be heard. Sometimes, I know and I feel like it's not gonna happen. If soul mates exist, maybe mine died ten lifetimes ago and has decided to stay dead. lolz

But one day, i'll fully understand what serendipity means. Like, the way you guys do.
I can't explain it, but I do believe in soul mates.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, i do believe in soul mates. There are times when weird things just happen and you quite don't understand why but in the end you get to connect the dots and then you start to understand the reason behind it. Coincidence? maybe...

    i like the coldplay song. Do you think if you're broken into pieces it's possible for someone to pick up all the pieces, fix you and make you whole again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it's possible. Sometimes, being too broken grants the seed of doubt in all things. But who knows, if the idea exists, then maybe it's just really possible.

    I don't know but I'd like to think so :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i'd like to think so too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!