Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sleepless in Autumn

I have always been in awe of autumn. Though I live in a place where it's either warm or cold, I have always dreamed of lying on a bed gold and brown leaves. Never mind the itch or the uneasiness of it, the idea of just lying there, without a care in the world, with all the love in the heart is simply heart warming.

There's just something romantic about it.

Earlier tonight, as I tucked little one to bed, the thought suddenly hit me. Like an epiphany of some sort of how things would be. I felt the cool air run through and I shivered involuntarily.

A thing came to my mind:

If I should find the right man, I would wish for someone who loves the last quarter wind and the cool breeze as much as me and lil girl do; for someone who will lovethe beautiful fall, and wouldn't mind as we gather the leaves of time.

It is wonderful. Like, being in a state of transition from the beautiful summer to a wonderful winter. Being suspended and embraced by the mere possibility and quiet predictability of the days to come. Like, just being together underneath a beautiful canopy of life.

One day soon, when little heart has finally recovered, maybe. just maybe.

For now, I don't mind much with just watching the leaves fall from my little white bench. and sitting and feeling my days play out.

With this little one rolling down the hill with me, sometimes I forget that One day, the autumn I have always dreamed about have already turned back to spring.

By then, my One day might finally arrive. And we would then all believe in being in awe of autumn again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!