Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A very Long post... ;D

If losing someone or something is as easy as having it replaced by another in an exact same packaging, how do you think life is gonna be?

A few days ago, I bought lil one a Kitty Balloon. She carried it with her every where she went, treated it as one of her beloved Barbies, and even named it like Kitty Ming, her pumpkin of a cat. She sure loved that balloon, even if it floated in our bedroom like a ghost at night.

Then one day, she forgot to tie it to her dress. And as she skipped and danced and twirled like a ballerina on stage, Kitty Balloon floated high in the air. And she started to wail. And CRY like a heartbroken child. I haven't seen or heard hear sob like that since she lost Chingching, her puppy. And it broke my heart too.

If I could fly, I would have gotten back Kitty Balloon. If I could ask Inday to climb the tree to reach up to it, I would have hollered too. lolz If I could make one in an instant, I would have made an exact same balloon like a magician reaching for its stash. BUT. of course, it wasn't possible.

After the stories of KBalloon going to heaven and visiting Chingching, the assurances that it's okay, and mommie's promise of a Pony ride, she finally quieted down. But she still bought Kitty Balloon up whenever she could.

Later that night, as Booboo (her grandpa) knocked on our bedroom door, Kitty Balloon slowly crept in to say Hi. AND you should have seen her jump out of bed and into her grandfather's arms. It was a beautiful sight.

AND she told me, she shrieked: Look Ma, Booboo climbed the tree and brought Kitty Balloon back!! And hugged me as she told me that Kitty Balloon brought her puppy back too.

Well, Booboo and the rest of my family has done the exact same thing with me, every time I lost something. a Kitty Balloon or a hankie or an opportunity. Maybe, a time came when they too climbed trees to bring back my floater.

I'm not so sure what kind of realizations I've had over that incident, I just couldn't shake it off my head and so, I figured, I must write it down.

I guess, it wasn't the same exact thing that they brought me back: It was better though. And even if it wasn't all the time that they climbed uphill for me, they pushed me to reach up and find a better Kitty Balloon. And they've always managed to give me a good hug when I surely need one.

****************************************8

NotYourAverageSingleMama awarded me with:



And as it is my first blog award, I thank her with all my heart! YEY! :D CC, as she is fondly called, is one of my many sources of inspiration and strength. As all single parents have, CC also has her story to share: one of a struggle and her amazing strength sustained her through it all. You can check her out at

http://www.notyouraveragesinglemama.com

And along this award, are seven random facts about yours truly:

1. I love red nails, and even if I shift to pastels sometimes, I always come back to red.
2. I pray every single day and am devoted to the Mother of Perpetual Help.
3. It irritates me when someone interrupts me when I'm in deep thought or writing, only to say the stupidest things ever. AND I respond by not responding.
4. I believe in the power of words, and that it could break or make people, build or destroy relationships and create or erase paths. It's God's gift in a pen.
5. I love eggplant dishes. Eggplant stew, pasta or salad. I don't care! haha
6. When I build my own dream house, the kitchen and the library is gonna be the heart of it all. :)
7. I love my job, and I surely love being a mother to my lil One- that I think, THIS is the best of both worlds.

AND i'm forwarding the award to a few good friends and some bloggers too (7 blog friends, but mine dusnt reach 7!LOLZ) who have inspired me with their stories.

the cool teacher: http://motsmots.blogspot.com/
the coolest boho mom: http://bohemiansinglemom.blogspot.com
the most artistic mother I've seen: http://paintedhouse52.blogspot.com/
the storyteller: http://twitter.com/odchimar

And as to letting them know of their awards, i'm getting there!!

Hooray Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. WoooHoooo! I love red nail polish too! And believe me mama, you totally deserve an award every single day. You are an amazing woman and an incredible mother, I am honored to know you~
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!