Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Raindrops

It's been raining almost every day and every night for the past week, and as much as I love hearing the raindrops before I lose myself in my dreams, I kind of wished for a warmer sleep tonight.

Because I miss sitting out just to watch the stars, to feel the cool evening breeze against my skin and to whisper wishes to the night sky.;
Because I miss wearing shorts to sleep (LOL - been stuck wearing pajamas and doubled pairs of socks because little one loves to still put the AC on High);
Because I miss the silence of a sleepy town, as it collects itself from a pseudo-busy and uneventful day;

Or maybe, because of the incessant rains lately, I have more melancholic thoughts occupying my mind.

Despite these sad-like thoughts, I have always loved the rain.
Even if it gets my toes wet; and makes my knee hurt.

Rain has always struck me as romantic, (or tragic, thus romantic)--
It reminds me of walks under the rain with H, the one who got away; (and the fact that until now, I never found myself walking under the rain, with any other man)

It reminds me of that one rainy night, I decided not to show up at the coffee shop because I was too scared.
(scared of so many things and of the so many questions)

as comforting--

It reminds me of the days spent in hair salons and coffee shops with girl friends;
It reminds me philosophical conversations with strangers, over warm mugs of coffee;
It reminds me of my warm bed and the warm hugs I get from my little munchkin;

as enlightening--
It reminds me of the rainy afternoon when I understood that things have their own way of happening, besides my own planned version; And that the universe's version of things falling into place is better than my so-called master plan.

And finally, rain has always struck me as a sign of all things promising--
It reminds me of this one night recently, when I, amazingly, surprisingly, realized that I may have come to like someone. Period, without a but, or maybe or if. Just that.

And I don't really care if he likes me back. or if there is something to look forward to. or all of the other things that can complicate the right now.

It's like standing in the rain, just feeling the drops on you. And you just stand there, for the moment. Not thinking about yesterday. or the things you need to do or forgot to do. or about tomorrow.

And just thinking about that, tonight's rain make me smile.

I hope you're having a warm, rainy night tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!