Monday, October 19, 2009

Good Night World..

I hate reading old posts. Reading some makes me remember exactly how I felt then. Sometimes, that old painful feeling just never leaves. Just hides somewhere. Like a really old furniture tucked away in the attic, it's worthless but it's there.

And you get to ask, how many spring cleanings one need to do before all the junk is thrown out? Jeezz...

But it isn't so bad, not as bad as I thought. They're just like old pictures.Some are just really ugly, and should be taken out of the album. But then again, those watermarks, picture marks would just stay. Might as well let them be in place. I remember my sister telling me, we got no option to delete memories. But in the end, as long as we have saved ourselves from the quicksands we stumbled into, the trip was well worth it.

And how can we say that we are who we are now if not of those old roads we took on our way here?

I saw an old one about my first OB trip, my first glimpse of Coco. and i remember the moment as if it's just yesterday. And i could still feel the cold AC on the waiting area and smell the strong antiseptic seeping into the walls. haha And i remember how ecstatic I felt when I first saw her yawn, hiccup and wave. Coco was always a brilliant kid. She has always been my new source of strength. Makes reading old posts a bit better :)

And it never fails to amaze me how two years has gone by. How fast she has grown up. Before tucking her bed tonight, we watched her Barney videos again. And she's memorized all the lines in that video, i could only smile. She prompts me what's gonna happen next and I feel like this kid of mine sure knows her stuff.

My lil gurl is fast asleep now. and im still cramming my second article due in about 3 hours. But then again, i always work best under time pressure. LOL!

It isn't easy being a single mom: Juggling work and little time. But the reward of being called Mommie and hearing your daughter say Good Night Mommie, I Love You like I love barney (haha) is simply the best.

No greater feeling in the world than to see your kiddo look at you as if you're simply the best.

And then, you get to realize, that old furniture in attics, are just there for memories sake. Cobwebs or not, it's still okay. But they couldn't be brought down to where cakes are served anymore.

2 comments:

  1. so you're back to writing. i would give everything and anything right now to have a glimpse of my baby. but i can't.
    now i'm left with that "ugly" picture, hoping against hope that it could actually bring me something beautiful- or someone. someone who could actually say, "Goodnight Mommy, I love you and Daddy and Ate who is in heaven watching over us."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you Van. And you know that I could never fully understand that kind of pain. Give me work and breakups all the time. Just not that. But as you say, she's on her way to a good trip to heaven. Ask your lil Angel to watch mine all the time :) H

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!