Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stars Out of the Sky

Two and a half years ago, i never thought bouncing back was even remotely possible. No, I thought it would be impossible to feel this good again. But strange as it may sound, I even feel happier now than all of my twenty-something years combined.

Is it possible that the level of contentment changes as we go older?

I went to Camiguin, with Coco in tow, for some business opportunities-hoping for a bit of that much needed rest and bonding with my little one. I brought with me tons of workload, more insomnia, some worries, questions and more. And the idea that there's a bit of that thing called relaxation in between plannings and brainstorms. And guess what, somewhere along the trip, I left those worries and work behind: boxed them in at the dock, temporarily archived and waiting to be forgotten... And found the sleepy island waking me up into a whole new perspective.

Coco came to me yesterday, with a little shell in her hand and an eyes full of amazement, and told me how pretty the stars look in the blue waters. I looked up and started to tell her you can only find stars at night, when it's dark and the sun is sleeping already. But as I gazed across the white sand and onto the clear beach, you could really, literally see stars glistening in the middle of brunch.

Two and a half years ago, i felt like there's no such thing as simple happiness. Nor have I even imagined that life, my life, can be as peaceful as my quick trip with my little one. I realized (yes, i realized something haha) that stars do rest on blue waters. And maybe the sky is the mirror of the little lights, to tell us not to look too far for dreams once making up the whole meaning of wishing.

As if on queue, Coco sings her wishbear song: What's wrong with wishing... hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!