Thursday, October 22, 2009

WORKAHOLIC

Why do i get the feeling that Coco now has a notion of what that word means... She woke up early this morning and saw me on my egg of a chair doing articles and cramming research. And she asked if i didn't sleep at all.. Imagine that! And i was floored. I tucked her good night and told her i'll sleep in a bit once I finish my research and she just nodded yes and kissed me goodnight. And imagine her surprise when she saw me the next day, still in my chair, typing like crazy..

But i did sleep. haha. If sleep comes like the wind, I must be superwoman already.
Sometimes though, I wish for longer hours. So i can have more time to sleep, more time to read her books, more time to play and watch Barney. But even if I do watch Barney with her, or play pretend, half of my brain is constructing phrases and stringing words together to make up an article.

I'm not saying I don't like the crammed hours though. Cuz, i think I actually live for it. It's just that sometimes, I get to feel and wonder how is it if me and Coco could have 24 hours of daily bonding and with me just writing and writing in between?
Must be heaven..

Years down the road, I should be able to be a full time mother. Working and Playing should mean the same thing, don't it? For now though, I gotta juggle a day job, a writing job, family business, personal business, MOTHERHOOD and sleep and play-- all in twenty plus freaking hours.

I should be giving up one, I know. But for now, i'll just toast to day jobs that pay the rent and add up coins to mine and my Coco's endless future adventures.

Nice. Don't you think so too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!