Saturday, December 5, 2009

What does the moon hold and keep?

Coco and I went stargazing last night. Actually, it was more of moon gazing since it was the biggest full moon we've both ever seen. On top of the hood, we sat there and just trying to make little conversations about why the moon is far, what gifts we want for Christmas, what we wish for and what kind of food do reindeers eat when they fly from the moon and back... I know I kinda told her Santa lives in the moon. And we tried counting the little stars we could see in between tree leaves and eating jelly ace all the while.

I've never gone stargazing in my whole life. I mean, if i ever had, i should have probably remembered such a thing right? It was like, clear sky, christmas air, full moon, christmas lights all around... something like, the most magical moment ever. No exaggeration. No cheeziness either. My lil daughter asked me a gazillion questions about the stars, and sang a hundred more twinkle twinkles until we both decided it's time to head back to our room.

And i felt like, for a moment, the world actually stood still to listen to what my little kid has to say. And what my little heart whispered...

I know, there are a lot of questions, you and me would ask on nights like those. Me and my kiddo don't have that perfect kinda life. I sure as hell don't have that, but you know, at that exact moment, I felt like we could fill our lives with little perfect moments. To make our lives, a one big compilation of perfection.

But for a change, I didn't come back from my quick stargazing stint, full of realizations. Sometimes, trying to analyze things that you already understand is just pointless. And that night, I felt okay not thinking about things, not scrutinizing situations or playing conversations in my head over and over. Like reading between the lines or painting words in shades I don't really see.

As i've read in my friend Bea's status: "When I don't say a word, it means there's a monologue going on in my head." And it's true. But this time, there's just no monologue going on. Not even as I am writing things down here.

Just as it is. And i'm fine with it. I think. LOL.

It is true, the moon holds our questions and locks our wishes away. But she doesn't reveal to us what we want to know. The moon holds back the answers that we seek. So we can find them ourselves in this place we call a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!