Monday, December 7, 2009

Roller coaster ride.

WEIRD COUPLE.

For the first time since I heard the show started on prime time, I stumbled upon PBB's weird episode last night. It was about courtship: Weird guy falls for weird girl. Weird guy asks big brother for a chance to speak with weird girl. And they equally fall for each other before the glaring audience. It was funny, that's why it's refreshing and different. It wasn't the usual super pa-cute. But it was still cute. In an un-corny, well not too corny, kinda way.

BABY.

Yesterday afternoon, my pregnant officemate, M, suddenly broke the Monday silence and routine by exclaiming: My water bag broke. And the office almost came to a panic. Calmly, she stood up and dialed her husband's number and her yayas at home to let them know of the news and she told us that she's gonna be having her baby girl like right now.It was just a matter of seconds when we helped her collect her things, said encouraging words, kissed her good luck and whispered congratulations then she was off to the hospital- which is just 3 minutes away. It was my first time to witness a water bag breaking. Cuz mine didn't break. LOL. Or if it had, i'm sure it did, I was too sedated I couldn't have possibly noticed it. My other officemate, T, cried. She cried cuz she knows it's hard to be in labor. And she cried cuz that feeling of pure happiness is there, right then. And maybe she cried cuz she also knows how it feels like to give birth. M was exceptionally calm, yes she was a bit anxious and was a bit flushed when things literally broke the silence, but she was outstandingly calm! D exclaims that she would have been in a frenzy, no in a panic attack if it were her.

But you know that feeling? A baby on Christmas is just absolutely perfect. It was happiness in every Christmas-y kinda way!

COCO.

After a long practice of the MJ dance, I came home to Coco feeling a bit feverish. Spent the long night checking on her temperature, just to make sure it wouldn't reach panic levels. And thank God, it didn't. I still gave her ice baths when it reached 39. But it was just once, and she slept soundly after that. She woke me up this morning really early and told me her fever is gone. I turned to check and I know it's still a bit there. But she didn't look weak or sick. And it made me thank the heavens more. My little girl has g6PD: Glucose 6-Phosphate Deficiency. And she has special needs. Meaning, she has a lot of things to avoid, food and medicine in particular. IT's not an allergy which she could get over as she grows old. It's not a disease as well that would require therapy or medications. It is a deficiency, with a life time avoidance of food like soy, peanuts, mint, legumes, and beans. And she needs to avoid, menthol, camphor and moth balls. This condition would make any mother become paranoid. It would make any mother take an obsessive compulsive mode when it comes to things her child would come in contact with. Good thing with Coco, she knows how to say it's bawal. And she says it with conviction that you would be ashamed to insist on giving it to her.

CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.

I got a really nice pair of steve maddens and a bag of coffeebeans in the mail yesterday. And you would not believe how happy, how ecstatic I had been receiving that package. It was super like Christmas morning already! Thank you. You know who you are. Thanks for the dora too- Coco loved it. And for always being there for me. Year in and Year out. It's just awesome. :D


***
Last night, I told myself as I started falling asleep, that no matter how crammed my days and nights are, there is always room for blessings. and unexpected giddiness too. And a lot of that happy people that I am blessed to have around me. Thank God for a rough yet super good 2008. I'm sure my 2009 is gonna be a better one. I just feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!