Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let Go, Jump In

Somewhere in the middle of the ocean, I threw out some thoughts. And pondered on a number of things as I watched the waves crash onto the bottom of the big boat the carried me and little girl.

Over the weekend, I got my wish to escape from it All. Albeit it was a short one, the recent trip allowed me to re-evaluate my innermost thoughts and re-assess my numerous plans, dreams, everything...

I stumbled upon a blog that talked about scars that never heal. And I remembered how I always maintained that these scars are called such because they would never leave. And they would always serve as a bittersweet reminder of what were.

Then I watched Narnia with my daughter- who loved every moment of the experience and I understand, that for sooo long, I have dwelt on what was taken from me. And not on what was given. Oh yes, who could forget such a meaningful line, when it was uttered by Prince Caspian himself.

And we realize, that these scars may be a bittersweet reminder of the pain. But it is also a good thought to self that wounds eventually heal. And as they are now scars, we realize that whatever pain it is, like all things, it too shall pass.

And so, as I did have moments of swinging back and forth from the was to the now, I am glad to find that what I have become in the last years, I am proud of it.

Equally glad I am too to see little girl loving her first sail, her wonderful adventures and her curiosity and exhilarating joy in discovering the beautiful city of Cebu.

Additionally, I learned, that it is in the smallest, the most mundane things that we discover happiness.

A cup of gellato, a quiet nook, a wonderful sale, a smile or a hug. It is in the smallest things that we discover the meaning of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!