Friday, December 10, 2010

Travel Assignments and Firsts

My recent trip to the sleepy city of Butuan was one of the most productive trips I've ever done. It was also one of those riddled with "Firsts" and has ended with me bagging a lot of "Good Jobs", which I am really proud of.

Did you know that Butuan is a rich city, blessed with fertile soil, abundant water and a people built for hardwork? If I had imagined Butuan as quiet and slow, I was in for a big surprise to see a lot of similarities between my city and B. The beautiful landscape and the pesudo-busy streets provides a balance between work and leisure. There is life to the city, but just enough so as not to disturb the natural balance of things.

It was tranquility in a jar, almost serene.

This trip, I have:

1. Learned to ride the bus alone to a place I have never been to.
2. Memorized my schedule and store it in my head without mistake.
3. Found out that I can do my job without losing heart
4. Understood why I landed this job and is actually really loving IT
5. Observed that wherever I go, I end up ordering an eggplant dish for one meal the least.
6. Been wondering why my age is considered TOO YOUNG when I already feel like ALMOST TOO OLD. and wondering why being young is equated with being ignorant of the world. (TRY ME)
7. Realized that though I love the work, it will take me a while to get used to sleeping alone in hotels, eating take out or eating out with clients, and not having little within arms length.


BUT you know, as long as I keep my promises to little one, everything will work out great. Like a keeper of time, she did count the number of sleeps she did alone. AND just as I had promised, on the third night since I rode the bus, I am back home.

On my way back, Booboo texted me if I am on my way and when I asked why he replied with: Because little one is waiting for you.

And at that exact moment, in the middle of nowhere- riding the seemingly endless winding road, I KNOW that nothing will ever come close to the happiness or the amazing feat of being a mother. Because no matter how "proud" I was in my work accomplishments the days before, that very moment, the very image of little one quietly sitting and waiting is and will ALWAYS be the proudest in my life.

The spare afternoon I got today (from arriving early from my trip) was well spent. I went with little girl to school and watched her practice their routine for grandparents' day on Monday.

She is a natural dancer :D such grace!! such poise. I felt tears of joy well up. ( I know, drama!!)

SIGH. you know what Butuan has that CDO doesn't? Margie's- lttle girl's only wish for me to bring home.

So I did. A bagful of Margie's to my little girl's delight!

P.S. I found a classic butterfly sleeve blouse for a steal- an addition to my treasury of great finds :D pictures of the B trip and lil one's practice to follow... for now, some much needed shut eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!