Saturday, December 11, 2010

When the dust settles...

I woke up late and has left bed only to eat breakfast. Me and little one has been sleeping in and watching Mary Poppins over and over and munching on the cookies I got from Margies. OMG, diet!

The reason I got my laptop and I'm writing again so soon is because I am almost in a panic. I realized I am far away from my Christmas list and I haven't gotten little one surprise presents! Everything I got (pasalubongs) that were wrapped and kept under the tree, she already knows... She has already seen. And I still haven't gotten anything for some of the yayas, Booboo, tito E, and yeah, my dad and his kids...........

Speaking of.

Although, admittedly, my relationship with my father and his new family has always been strained, I still couldn't really shake off the fact that He's still a dad to me and my sister C. And he is still little girl's grandfather. And it is only because of this fact that I stretch my limits and shut my mouth as long as I could, so as my little girl would see Him as a grandfather of sorts.

When little girl came to this world, the bad blood between me and my dad did not end. But admittedly, it got better. I know for a fact that there are things that I could not change and should accept- of which about 70% I have already accepted. But the thing is, no one and nothing can force me to LOVE the situation. The best that I can do is to stay quiet. And for most of the time, I think I have done my part.

Maybe it is the way of time. As we age, we learn to mellow down. And see things in a different angle. If there is one thing I have learned from this year, is to stretch my patience in everything. Something that I have been struggling with ever since. But slowly learning the art of it. Afterall, I am not getting any younger.

I have learned to stay still until the dust settles and the murky waters have cleared.

I still have a long way to go, when it comes to this aspect and issue. But things cannot be rushed or forced. And when 2011 enters, I vow to stretch more. Or ignore more. LOLZ

This 2011, I look forward to a continued year of blessings. And an extension to my line of patience. Because when we wait, we wait for something better. And when it arrives, we realize that we have gotten the best.

And USUALLY, when we turn a cheek to a throw of stone, we reap something better. It's good karma. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!