Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Reader. And the water Jug

Today was really stressful. Scary stressful.

I have never really been scared this way- shaking and wanting to cry but couldn't.

Panic filled my insides but I kept a firm and stern appearance. Like warrior in a battlefield. Like a mommy in a kangaroo court. Like a customer who walked in on a robbery and got stuck in a lock down.

Yes, I got stuck in a lock down, with policemen harassing everyone through intimidation. The 'victim' of the pickpocket screamed robbery and the guards appeared and the metal doors went down with a heavy clang. I stood there with my hand barely touching the priority number and half of my foot under the metal doors. I have always been claustrophobic so when the metal doors rolled down, and I stuck in this lil space of a corner, I was almost going to hyperventilate. After an hour of CCTV examination, frisking, screaming clients and a nagging feeling that a frame up can happen. Or worse, that the pickpockets may have guns, we were finally let out.

I shudder at the thought. I have never really been so scared. :(

On our way home, we got into a cab from hell, who threatened us and pushed me to hysteria. I had the wits to jot down the plate number, and cab company, and threatened the cab driver back. I was not about to cower and show this shit of a driver that I was almost gonna panic. And of course, my shrieking worked this time.

And I reported to the police.

The end: I got a really bad tummy and an insomnia that I couldn't shake off.

But before those, the day was beautiful.

The wedding.

The playtime.

The dinner.

Focusing my energy and my thoughts on the happier ones now. And pushing the negative events out. Life is soooo precious, sooo unpredictable. So beautiful because we make it so.


(BUT, I don't really support this campaign, I happen to think the RH Bill is right on time)







After the wedding, lil one and I skipped the reception and traded it for a dinner of pizza and shakes, then went on to have some play fun.








Tonight, as I watch my little girl sleep soundly, I thank God she hasn't understood the panic in my voice, when we were in the cab. I thank God she was in the playhouse when I went down to buy that reader, and she wasn't with me when I was stuck in that lock out. I thank God that my one bar mobile phone worked and allowed me to call the nanny and the house so my family would know.

I thank God for keeping my wits intact, and for keeping me alert and for finally, bringing us home safe.

1 comment:

  1. I guess that's the right thing to do. We have to focus on the happy thoughts. The happy memories. They are worth our time and not to allow the bad memories etched in our hearts. It will do us no good.

    I thank God that he always have his shield around you and Coco. Take care Jel.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!