Saturday, May 28, 2011

Surprise, surprise the world isn't all too bad

I have THAT again- waking up in the middle of the night and not falling back to sleep. I don't know if it has to do with age and stress. Or with age and age.

Not even facebook helps.

Do you ever get this?

A few days back, I have been asked if I were happy. And for a moment, I was tongue-tied, stammering, dumbfounded too. Maybe because it has been TOO long since I have been asked such and maybe because, I frankly don't know the answer yet.

Happiness is something very personal for me. It's not just the laughter that I am able to laugh now, or the smiles I give out every single day. I'm not even sure if it's just the contentment in work, stability in finances or the peace of my family home. Maybe, happiness is the whole of everything.

Or maybe Happiness is the thrill of chasing it all.

And being asked such is usually something that comes within my personal space. But it didn't, so I was surprised. And maybe pleasantly so.

It got me thinking too, and realized that there are still people - almost strangers- who are sensitive enough to ask a question.

And it's a welcome change to an otherwise jaded perspective. :)

Well, surprise, surprise.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...It's weird because 3 yrs ago 6 hrs of sleep is enough for me to start the day but now I have to to have the 8-9 hrs of sleep or else I'll be crappy all day long.
    What's that say about me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously? I have the same. I guess it only means we are advancing. errrr.

    I hate to say it but the 8 hour sleep is a requirement for mid-life people like u and me :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!