Wednesday, May 25, 2011

To my Cocobear, my chokeroo...

My Dearest Coco,

I had the most wonderful time tonight. It was amazing helping you dress up in your school uniform for a 'dress rehearsal', arranging and re-arranging your notebooks and pencils, slicing biscochos and watching you march around the house (with your pink trolley and umbrella in tow), knocking on Booboo's door and Lola's room because you wanted to show off that you're really ready for the big school.

But as I watched you pose wacky for Auntie Titin's camera, and as I watched Booboo tie your necktie for you, I suddenly felt a bit selfish that I wanted to keep you a child forever.

OH You're growing up too fast!

As happy and excited I am as you are for the BIG first Big school day, I kinda feel scared too.

I feel like there will be those nights when we won't be reading baby stories, or counting sheep, or painting our nails red- because you'll be spending more time on the laptop like I do. Or God forbid, on your mobile phone.

I know deep in my heart, though, that you will remain sweet to me, your mommie dearest; you never are selfish with your hugs and I love you, Mommies.

And I wish for you to always remember how you always manage to light up everybody's lives whenever you smile, you giggle, you walk into a room... with your mere presence. Because mommie will always have the open arms to embrace back or the I Love Yous to say to you too. And because you are a SPECIAL, special person always remember, especially when you're feeling a bit low, or lonely,that there are US who have become happier because of you.

Now that you'll be in BIG school, I wish for you to remember to be always kind, to never speak an ill word against anybody and to be a good SMALL ate to the new toddlers- just like what you tell me everyday. Because Mommie will continue TRYING to be a better person in every single way.

I wish for you to retain that wild-eye wonder, to constantly ask mommie and teachers, and auntie and lolamie the never-ending questions you always have. Because mommie and your family will never tire trying to answer those questions.

I wish for you to be constantly aware of your efforts, to practice writing your numbers just because you want to write them beautifully. Because Mommie will never tire of filling the fridge door with these "works of art".

You will never fully know, Co, how much you've changed me as a person, or how you have taught me to love truly, unconditionally, purely. Or how much you have put meaning into sooo many people's lives. But I hope you that one day, you will understand how much I really, truly love you. and how much you are truly loved by everyone in the family.

Tonight, Sleep tight and dream those beautiful dreams, baby girl, for there are still a million and one nights for us to do dress rehearsals and to paint our nails- or to listen to the songs and to chase after dreams. There will be more to come, and I promise you, I will always be here to hold you hand. or your trolley, or your umbrella. Or even your pumpkin of a cat.

I love you, baby girl. And that will never, ever change.

Love always,
Mommie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!