Saturday, October 6, 2012

Amazed and Grateful

Today was a great learning experience.

Lil girl and I did the alphabet drills and as I threw a letter in the air, she throws back objects, places or actions with the beginning letter I have given. 

And inasmuch as I wanted to make this a serious activity, she easily made the whole activity a game.
I ended up laughing but trying to keep a straight face all in the same moment.

Amazing how she manages to grab thoughts from the air and string them with her learnings to make absolutely, crazy ideas!

Amazing how she listens to new things and absorbs them like a sponge yet diligently takes each new discovery into dissected scrutiny.

Amazing how she can give examples of one simple thought from two polar and almost contradictory ideas - and yet prove that both can comfortably merge.

Amazing how she lets me see that everyday with her I still discover new things about my daughter and about myself.

Amazing how she can turn any given day into something extraordinary.


Amazing how she takes all my stress and turn them into gratefulness.


Amazing how she turns this upside down, crazy boring weekend into something worthy of the scrapbook.



Amazing how this little girl has evolved from being the uptight, moody, snotty little toddler (but still extremely loveable) into a carefree, friendly and still undeniably lovable little princess.

Amazing what a few minutes of conversations about the day-to-day happenings, dreams of the future and desires of the heart reveal about the numerous and countless ideas, thoughts and feelings that run through in this five-year old kiddo.

It's amazing how the Lord puts everything into place -- all in the right places at the right time. 

I am amazed.

And humbled for everything I have right now.

And of course, forever thankful.

I think, with this, I have finally ended my self-pity, DQ days.

And again, I affirm and reiterate to myself that I have zero problems that I cannot see through.
What can be so wrong with what I have now that merit a stressful, woeful state of mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!