Monday, October 15, 2012

And the bit more.

When I am old, and finally rich -- I promise to bring myself to a therapist.

And maybe this therapist can shed some light on the kind of choices that I make.

I have always maintained that it is always better to get hurt and let go of people we aren't supposed to hold on to, because it's right to let them find their happiness and maybe, freedom too.

Sacrifice whatever selfish-, self-centered-, entirely egoistic happiness that can be derived from keeping the person and just do what's right.

But what is right anyway?

So, I have a confession to make.

I feel something for a man whom I have known for years and one that I know who can never really love me back one hundred fifty percent and I have been nurturing the emotion far longer that I should have.

(WHEW)

I don't know why or how, but I still think he's the perfect man. Maybe not for me, but he's perfect nonetheless.

Maybe

Because he knows my thoughts before they turn into words.
Because he knows my feelings even before they turn into actions.

Because he makes me laugh. 
Because he listens.
Because he makes me believe that men still know what's right and what's wrong. 
And still makes mistakes and qualify them as lessons.

Because he was there in every life's turn.

Or maybe

Because he does not demand too much
Because he doesn't ask too much
Because he doesn't tell me what to do, what to say

Or, it's just that

He's driven
He is sure of himself
He makes decisions without having other people decide for him
yet he has a heart.

He is a good man.

Or maybe it's because he simply understands all the complexity that I am.

But as you know, there's always a catch with something so perfect.

And so he remains an illusion. A perfectly, real illusion.

So you see, as the years go by, I look at the men who could even have a percentage of the above.
And maybe, find someone like hime.

But there isn't anyone. 
No one has gotten close.  (well, one has, but it's just the same)

And I wondered if I can everrrrr find someone who is all of the above and one more.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!