Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kids These Days :)

Long weekends is about having chances to re-connect with family and closest friends. It's about celebrating the little joys that dot our every day lives, and giving our tired and weary bones a much needed charge.







We missed Halloween this year, I completely forgot about the easiest: mall schedules of tricks and treats and costume parades; 

I forgot to put on scarecrows and spider webs and my "emo" make up (but thankfully, didn't forget the treats for these kiddos);

So, we spent the lazy days running around the field until we all ran out of breath,
devoured a fair share of sweets, exchanged some "scary" stories from the old -- and created lists and drawings that warrant a good space in the fridge.

We slept on the floor, huddled together, exchanging insights (yes, from kiddos-- you'll be amazed to know what they know!) and watched who can make the meanest cookie monster in the ipad.

I spent a weekend speaking English with the kids too
and smiled how naturally it comes to them;

I am amazed how their young generation is so much different from ours, yet strangely alike;
I am amazed how different their lifestyle is now.
And amazed at how diverse and complicated their wishlists are, all from normal to shocking:

Colored papers
crayons
cars
paper dolls
Elmo Stuffed toys

Ipad Mini (SHIT right?!)
Kate Spade Ipad Cover (Double S!! right?)
new leapster games (Okaaay)
Android phone (ok, this is mine lolz)

I grew up speaking in the most bisdak bisaya possible environment;
did chores and treated them like games;
and climbed trees (just the short santol one in our front lawn- lolz);
so.
 I was amazed to see how kids these days are more learned 
about culture of other people
about how different lifestyles and preferences merge;
to see them sail through days with a better understanding of their rights (lolz)
and privileges;

 I was in awe listening to these kiddos now talk in accented english
and blurt out words like:

ridiculous
brilliant
amazing
disgusting

or the less glamorous:

eew
yuck
no way
crazy
evil
harsh

LOLZ

Although they are also exclusive in their friends and preferences (somewhat like me and my soul sisters),
they have this uncanny ways to bond with their peers- which is AMAZING.

This break, my eldest niece came home from school.
And I admit that she's always been my favorite
because she always, always manages to make me feel like i'm the coolest auntie on earth.
lolz

And now that I have a beautiful daughter of my own, a younger niece and nephew too, I felt like I will always be the kids' coolest aunt (and yes, the coolest mom haha).

Spending time with them last weekend was more of a re-validation for my end.

I was showered with kisses and hugs;
And I love you Mom's.
I love you Ninang's. 
You smell the like candy ninang (my most favorite lolz)
You're the coolest;
I'll always be your baby, Ninang (my most favorite too)

and of course, 
Thank you, Mommy. I love you every day. (my unarguably the best one I got)

I had a few minutes of "me" time too. 
Had a few moments with little one to see how beautiful she has grown;

I had some realizations
about how I want to have more kids;
three girls and a boy;
And how I want to get married (whaaaaaatt -- this is the little-bikes-in-open-garages fault!)

about how I feel like I will always be young when I am with these babies;
about how I can be a really good person
because the kids love me inexplicably;
unconditionally.

I've also realized how time flies;
how we should always make it count.
how we should fill the days with moments worth writing and talking about
on weekends like this
and days in the future where a few laughs and some tears are around the dinner table;

I've also managed to finally laugh at some stupid things I did last week.
(lolz-- ashamed!!!)
And agree that some really crazy things happen to the best of us;

And that  we can laugh about it.

And finally, the best part about this impromptu halloween sleep-over
is that I have never felt this relaxed
and complete
in more than a hundred days and one.

As my niece says: (Wicked!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!