Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thank you, God.

As I was cleaning my desk and preparing to go home, my phone rang. I answered without the intention to fully listen to what G, our team secretary, is gonna say. But in the middle of the gibberish, she told me something that I have been dying to hear in ages! And I told her, "don't joke G, Please make sure cuz I'm really about to jump!!"

And she replied "You don't sound happy"

I said; "I'm scared to be happy, are you sure about this? Cuz if you are, I really am gonna scream."

And G said, with laughter in her voice: "You can be happy now"

And so I screamed. And I thanked her. And thanked T- who also got the same news. Screamed with D and T and screamed some more. And I texted my boss. With which he replied: "What Good News?" LOL.

Me, T and D got the same good news. And I couldn't remember feeling this happy in my whole stint in the bank. I am so happy, I forgot that I was already going home. We had our string of congratulations, and you guys deserve it, and finally's!! And as the excitement slowly died down, I found myself immersed in amazement of how God answers our prayers.

I sent a number of people text messages informing them of the good news. And as I moved my way onto the busy Friday Night Cafe crowd, waiting for my usual cab, I said a silent prayer of thanks. God has never left me, and has never let me down. AND He has always given me what is rightfully mine in the best time, in His time. I asked for a clearer sign to which road I should take, and he has given me answer that could not be any clearer than this. And I could only say: Thank you, God. Thank you.

I have never doubted the power of prayer, because God has taken me and my Coco in when no one else in the world would. When I found myself alone in EDSA, on that one night my dreams fell apart, only God walked with me from EDSA to Baywalk then back to my place. Only God stuck with me when all my tears have run dry and even crying would not take my pain away. Only God and my sister has given me the support that I would ever need to get back on my feet.

Only God understands my pains, knows the emptiness inside me and provides answers to my never-ending questions. SIGH. I woke up so early today to start writing before I go to church. And as I gaze at my little girl, to whom all my hardwork is for, I could not help but cry. Tears of joy, I am sure.

This is my first victory, and this is for my God who never fails to amaze me, for my daughter Coco who has made me a whole new better person and for my sister, who has never left my side. And of course, for you Ma, who has been my source of solace all the way from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!