Monday, February 8, 2010

If this isn't love, I don't know what Love is.

It's funny that no matter how tired we are, when we see the little girl's face light up and feel her warm embrace, we always find more time and more energy to do more things. Tonight when I got home, with my office bag, notebook and cake cardboard boxes in tow, my little girl's arms came flying to give me the warmest and tightest embrace. And I know, with my Coco in my life, it ought to be enough. It ought to be complete.

When I am sad, I write. When I am worried, I clean the room over and over. When I am resolved to feel better and lighter and happier, I bake. And so for the past days, I baked and baked and baked. and wrote and wrote and wrote. I do this when my head is too cluttered with a lot of things and I feel like things are just too hazy for me understand. Sometimes, I just wanna cry. And I wish I could tell myself that it's alright to feel this worst. But since I don't want to wail and cry or admit that I also take bullets and feel the pain, I made carrot cinnamon cakes and chocolate moists. And I spent my nights painting and drawing with Coco. And watching Barney too.

She made me a litlle card you know. With a heart and small circles and big circles. And she made me draw Barney with a heart and flowers on the inside. And she said, help me write my name mom. And don't forget: I love you, Mommie on top. AWWW...





If this isn't love, I don't know what love is.

If I could freeze the moment and keep it in a locket, I'd bring it everywhere so i would be reminded that there is this one little person who loves me purely, unconditionally, whole heartedly. .. And for this, I believe in hearts day.

When the night is deep and the noises have died down, I only pray that I will be a good mom to Coco and be all that a parent should be. For my childhood and hers, I think and I pray that I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!