Sunday, February 14, 2010

Welcome Metal Tiger!

I had super fun today. It was the usual family Sunday Lunch, and as we gathered round the table, we had only light, positive and happy conversations. They were equally happy for me, and all are happily positive about the Metal Tiger. Much more than Vday, our family gathered to "celebrate" the coming of the Metal Tiger. This year, we feel that it's gonna be a good one. The year of metal tiger is marked by heightened senses- so we should be observant of our environment and spot opportunities in an instant, should be met with cunning and hard work, and most of all, it is marked by great success stories.

And as the Year of the Ox bids us goodbye, we welcomed the Metal Tiger with hard work to encourage cash inflow, a lot of cooking for a healthy and bountiful year, a lot of laughter to invite happiness into our home and yes, wonderful stories to mark the beginning of a fruitful year.

Two days ago, we got a fax from one of the renowned Chinese Store in our city. It was a list of forecasts for the Year of the Metal Tiger. Mine simply said: SURPRISE YEAR. With a good career flow, love life (?) and a money windfall. POSITIVE year for me, but marked with digestive ailments. And so, my dear friends, I am now more conscious to log in more working hours for all my jobs (writing, official bank, agency, farming-and baking too) and to avoid carbonated drinks, to eat more leafy vegetables and to get enough sleep. :D

It's always hard to create the perfect healthy dish for me, and most especially for Coco. Since there are almost a thousand things my daughter could not eat, finding a way to give her something tasty and something healthy is almost a gargantuan task.

But today, I discovered the best spice for my steak. And for tonight's hearts day dinner with my little one, I prepared well done steak with salsa on the side. :D And I credit this perfect recipe to lifestyle's healthy appetite. Apart from the balsamic vinegar with which I had to take out cuz of its ingredient: Soy sauce, everything from the show's recipe was quite great.

Red wine and some moldy cheese, I think I got myself a perfect red day dinner. And tje most important thing here, is that wonderful and healthy dishes can be created without soy, nuts or anything Coco could not eat.
***
Simone turned two and a half yesterday, and everyday, she's looking more like me (don't argue) and she's slowly growing to be a beautiful lady.

Flair for Drama. My Simone at 2.5


1 comment:

  1. I'm too lazy for all that fun, Jel.

    I just had to bury my head in a pile of ebooks
    on couples day so I could organize my thoughts about my doctoral dissertation.

    As I always tell the curious, I'm a late bloomer. I did have a three year committed relationship when I was 27. It did not work out well because I wasn't ready for it. Maybe
    I won't ever be ready for that. But here's hoping that when I'm a doctor, get promoted to a higher teaching rank and have more cash for my needs, I'd grab the first girl in a crowd of fake smiles who could flash a real one. well, we both know that's a daunting task.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!