Saturday, February 6, 2010

Baked Spaghetti and Grilled Garlic Chicken for the sad heart

Tonight, I baked Coco some good spaghetti and made grilled garlic chicken on the side. Since my little gurl couldn't eat the usual mushroom sauce on top, I made it with fresh non-fat milk. It was still good, but you know something is missing. Three hours after chopping, mixing, cooking and baking, dinner was ready. She was sitting in her usual place, napkin on one hand, her fruitina juice on the other. When I took out the baked spag from the oven, she grinned her award winning grin and told me She's super hungry.

I told her, it's not super great, that I think there is something kulang.. but she went on to help herself a spoonful and raised two thumbs up. And no matter how tired I was, trying to fix a perfect dish, I felt like i've just made some award winning dish. lol

If you're having a bad day, a bad week or a bad month, try whipping up comfort food to make you feel better.

Baked Spaghetti and Twists

Olive Oil
Half kg ground meat
A kilo spaghetti noodles
2 huge packs tomato and cheese
1 small tomato sauce
half block cheddar cheese
a stalk of broccoli and some potato halves, diced finely
onion, garlic, and salt to taste
three cups non-fat milk
cornstarch to thicken (two tablespoons)
dash of Parmesan cheese and some good loving

Sautee onion and garlic, with ground meat
Add the vegetables and some of the white pepper and garlic powder
Mix well with the tomato and cheese and tomato sauce,
Include some good stories and hearty laughter
Allow the sauce to simmer and grate the cheddar onto the mixture
Mix thoroughly and
Dash a bit of salt and a grin or two
Add the drained pasta and allow the sauce and pasta to mix
Set the pasta onto your baking pan
Top with the milk/white sauce mixture and parmesan cheese
Set your oven at a good enough temperature, cover with a bit of hope
Bake for half an hour, with a small prayer and quiet patience

I'm far from being the perfect cook, but my dishes are quite edible :D My Coco loves them! I guess, our world isn't a perfect one. But in the eyes of one person or two, it is. Let's not stop thinking that one day, we'll understand its perfection through non-rose coloured glasses.

Tonight i learned that everything happens because they are meant to. Even if we primarily think a step was a mistake. Wait a little longer, a few more minutes or so. I realized I should always remember that we are all worth the wait. I am worth the wait. SIGH.

Comfort food for the needing-comfort heart. Never fails. Enjoy the dish everyone. It is best if served with a lot of happy thoughts, a lot of hope and oh, don't forget lots of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!