Monday, June 14, 2010

Long weekends, the single mommie way

I've been writing since sunrise, and i'm still writing, spewing words from God knows where. The much research and medical jargon from this week's topic make my head spin a bit, thus the much needed break.

Little one is upstairs, screaming at me to allow her to go to our neighbor's (christie's place), a few blocks away. And I tell her again and again, as my feeble attempt in saying NO, that we should just stay home, in our vintage duyan and bask at the day's beautiful sun. And she frowns and paces back and forth repeatedly. Until she gave up and turned her attention to lazy cats in the veranda.

Since when kids her age can go outside the gate and stay at a neighbor's place?? NEVER. Not in my lifetime! When I was little, the closest thing I got to LAAG is at my cousin T's place, which was about ten steps from where we live. We've always managed to play indoors, or within our gated walls. lol

It's long weekend since Saturday, another lazy day today plus tomorrow makes mom and lil girl happy. Little one was busy running around the living room, singing her heart out to some MYMP song. When lola Mommie came over for some chit chat, some dessert, and some crazy realizations and I fall in love with the idea of staying home with my little girl for stretches of time.

We're cooking the traditional misua for lunch, and some grilled fresh we bought this morning from the local market. Sometimes, I think about going full time with my writing- I could earn as much, and work from home! And throw the day job out the window. Just so I could have these weekend everyday moments with little one. BUT every time I seriously think about it, the dream of just being a writer stays at the losing end. How the hell can I afford a 20K toddler school if I let my day job go?

And so, before I go back to my real day job on Wednesday and start making account proposals and packages, i'm going to enjoy my beautiful long weekend with my little one and family. Writing article after article (so we can buy a new bike -Coco haha), cooking misua, whipping some fancy dessert, playing Barbie and tea with lil one researching and balancing checkbooks on the side should ought to take up most of my long weekend.

Don't you just love it? The chaos and the joys of single mothering. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!