Sunday, June 6, 2010

When Inday Goes to School

Coco's yaya starts school this morning!!

More than her, I am as excited as a new mom could be!! We started buying her school supplies early this month, and started picking out bags, shoes, those kinda stuff only yesterday. Only because, we all thought school starts on the 13th. OMG!

Inday goes to Sunday School, which offers high school education to young people who only have Sunday to study. They begin early at 7.30 and finishes at 5.30, four Sundays a month. For the rest of the year, her day off is focused on studying and learning and she gets this renewed hope that she can still make her dreams come true. It's almost like advance classes where they cram the 5-days worth of weekday education into one 9-hour Sunday teaching.

A lot of people are more blessed than Inday, having full time day jobs and finishing school without encountering financial difficulties at one point. I am not sure if real world problems have caught up in their little space that they create pseudo problems to pass time- and it saddens me how these people, who are able to stand with high heels and a chip on the shoulder, walk around like education ruined things for them. Or worse, like education was just part of the game plan and meant nothing in the process.

I am blessed with a wonderful family who has supported me in all my endeavors. But I also have had a share of my own reality problems that keep focus and with feet on the ground. Sometimes, I forget the wonderful lessons i have learned, and I forget what matters most in our days.

And when I saw Inday, all ready and eager to go to School this morning, I am reminded of the simple things that make this life a better one. Most girls her age are well into College, and here she is, ready to take on Second year High. She really is determined to finish the race.

Without batting an eyelash, without taking off that grin, Inday thanks me for all of this.

And I am almost moved to tears. Because I know, that by just giving her what she deserves, I have revived a hope for a better future that was almost forgotten. And I know, that deep down, I am sure, at least this person sees me as NOT the bitch everyone thinks me to be.

I heart U, Sunday.

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts!