Friday, June 18, 2010

New Things New Milestones

Coco is growing up fast. She's almost racing to jump to kindergarten and before I know it, she's on her way to College. sigh. She's getting her first real bike on Monday! Upgrading from the pink plastic training bike, Coco will be riding the real training bike next weekend. :) She's getting one with training wheels though. But it's got a basket on the front. And sturdy tires.

Little girl got an early birthday present from Lola O and Booboo and Yes, she's getting the vintage one, without the princess paints and overpriced toy from the mall. Her first Princess bike is now junked in the corner, with the pink tires dirty from riding on mud- poor bikey!

We're rummaging vintage pictures for that one she's gonna pick:

Is it gonna be spunky?



Or belle?



And she couldn't help jumping up and down out of joy- which automatically brings tears to my eyes. And with which I completely forgot that I wanted to let her wait before buying anything.

I've always wanted to buy Coco a bike- i felt like it's supposed to be a mommie thing. But her first bike came with a big ribbon, which Lola Mommie carefully wrapped herself. Coco called her new toy bikey. And I told myself, get another one. And so I promised her I'll buy her a new one on her birthday. Two months before the said date, another one will come in with a huge ribbon on Monday. sigh.

I know, I'm just greedy. I want the first moments in her life and the milestones to be from me. LOL. But the feeling fades when you see her eyes sparkle and her face filled with glee. And I am just thankful that my little one is blessed with a lot of people loving her.

And so, Coco tells me- you'll just have to have it painted pink and purple, Ma. And i think, what a brilliant idea, kiddo. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Nothing beats the sparkle in your little ones eyes and knowing YOU put it there!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks singlemama! The best thing we get from the crazy busy life we live is that one smile from the only and most important person on earth: our daughter!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!