Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chasing Dreams

This week, I am a full time mother: Domesticated and all.

I wake up early to prepare Coco's cereal breakfast, make her milk, fix the bed, bring her to school and even take her to afternoon park visits and sit to play Barbie for an hour plus too.

This week, I dressed in rolled up jeans and whites, in flats and in ponytails. I ran around with little girl, spent hours lounging in bed with her reading stories and watching Tangled again and again.

Went to the mall without constantly checking the time. Went for train rides and pony rides with little one, ate ice cream and indulged in candy :) We baked pop tarts and chocolate muffins. Shopped for pretty dresses and framed pictures.

This week, I am free of any stress. I am free of any pressure. AND because I am a bit far from my scheduled trip, I am able to savor the week with little girl. I actually am able to.. relax. :)

I was also able to go for my long over due run too!

And this morning, after Coco's moving up practice, we went outside to take in that bit of sun and feel the grass beneath our soles.

As I watched her run around, I had that Life is so beautiful moment.

To be able to run with the wind. Without a care.


Chase after dreams. Laugh with abandon.


Believe in the beauty of innocence.


This snapshot reminds me so much of the younger days.

JUST letting go and running free.

Thank you little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!