Friday, March 18, 2011

My anchor to Life

There are a few things/people/events in this life that I hold most dear:

1. MY daughter, Coco.
2. My sister, Corie.
3. My constantly supportive family.
4. My few good friends.
5. My passion for work.
6. Philosophy and the beauty of discussions over a cup of coffee.
7. Writing. And the ability to communicate from the heart.
8. Beautiful Pictures of stolen moments.
9. The fact that people can change: Kind hearts and kind words.
10. Shoes that come in all colors, shape and designs.
11. Watching the sunset on a quiet beach, with only the sound of reggae and my the waves.
12. Hugs and Good Night Mommie from my only love.

Little one finished on top in her toddler class. yesterday, we had our first make-up session together. And she knew instinctively which eye palettes would go well with her dress. It was exciting for both of us and we spent an hour plus experimenting on hypoallergenic blush and lip gloss. (I was too ecstatic!!)

We wore matching pearls to compliment the dresses and we celebrated with some ice cream and spaghetti, a lot of stories and laughter with a few family and a humble prayer that we are lucky to be this blessed.

I am lucky to be blessed enough to witness the every day of my little one. Everyday, I wake up and sleep, and marvel on how fast she is growing up, how fast she is learning new things. I am lucky to be given the chance to teach her things and help her grow. We are lucky to be surrounded by people who give support, time and love. We are lucky to have so many people helping little girl to be the best that she could be.

As she finishes baby school and goes on to Nursery, with her saying she is now a Small ATE, I become mushy inside and wish I can keep this baby a baby forever. Every single day is a new revelation with this little girl. Everyday, I learn to become something I wasn't before.

As the famous thinker Sophocles once said: “Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.”, This little one right here has anchored me to a life I never knew existed.

But thankful to have discovered.

Cheers little one, to more ribbons and success in the future. Mommie is indeed very proud!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!