Saturday, November 7, 2009

SUPERWOMAN. Or not.

I'm not a superwoman. I also get tired. and i also get mad. Sometimes I also get frustrated and I feel helpless! Most of the time, i'm collected. And composed. And even silly happy. And you may get to think that maybe I am a superwoman. Cuz sometimes, i force myself to believe that I am. But sometimes, i just wish... I could break apart. But not really.

Do you know how difficult it is to be a good single parent? Extremely. It's already difficult being a good parent, much more being single. LOL.

My day started real slow, it's Saturday. I'm supposed to bring Coco to the park. BUT I have an overtime request and a writing job to finish. And so I try to convince my little girl that we just watch YETI YETI before breakfast and I plan on starting to pound away on my notebook..I planned. But ended up watching movies with my little one. And reading her outrageous stories about toothache. Just cause my articles are about the topic. Haha :) Sometimes, when I have a few moments of free time, I get to think about our future. And the expenses that go along with good education. good life. good travel. good everythig. And then worry hits me. AND THEN i feel guilty that I spent my whole morning watching movies.... watching G-Force with Coco over and over.

But then again, I barely have time left for Coco.. Can one movie be sooo bad? No, i guess not! I finished all my articles faster than I could have imagined. Cleaned up the room faster than the usual. Computed the budget more efficiently the average... Talk about cramming. And keeping myself sane: we get to work more effectively, juggle time more efficiently. LOVE in between the minutes. And maybe finally convince myself and other people that Coco's mommie really is superwoman.

Coco came up to me this afternoon and told me she had a question to ask. I cringe at the thought that it might be that question again. And she popped it: Where is bochingching? (WHEW). I told her the same story about the little puppy we borrowed few days ago. Told her the truth, that ching ching had to go back to her mommie. and that she's still a baby. And guess what my brain of a kiddo told me, that's right mom, i don't want to be away from you/ i don't want you to leave me (IN Bisaya, "Ma, di ko ganahan byaan ko nimu and di ko ganahan tulog ko sa layu")

And that my dears, is precisely why i find it extremely hard to break apart. And i guess, there is just no need to. Everytime I feel like there is like too much for me to process. Or everytime I feel I'm sooo tired of living this 24 hour kinda life, Coco gives me those one liners that make me realize (DUH, ding, hello) that this is why I live a 24 hour kinda life. And she reminds me of the faith that keeps us going. (Ma, let's pray. and she makes the sign of the cross)

Superwoman? Who cares right? My Coco seems to think I am. :) So I GUESS I must be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!