Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thank You for choosing to be on the side of me.

I stumbled upon Corrinne May and discovered this one good song: On the Side of Me.
For now, I couldn't shake it off, kept playing in my playlist, kept playing in my head. She mostly sums up my life. Sums up the variety of emotions i've gone through.

...........Cause everyone needs a friend to hold
When its cold outside
And there's no place to go
Yeah, everyone needs a friend to hold
All alone I cried
there was no place to go
I remember when nobody cared
But you......

I'm not the easiest person to love
But you. you've opened your heart
To show me what I'm worth
Cause you choose to be
On the side of me
On the side of me.........

It's the kind of song that you listen to one early, gloomy, rainy, morning.. and makes you think how blessed you have been.

The endless conversations. The hugs.

For feeling angry when I'm too weak and sad to be even mad. For feeling happy when i'm too overwhelmed to feel that lil happiness. For making me realize that life doesn't end.

For the hope. For the good times. For the bad ones. For taking the time to ask how I am. For making me feel that yes, I am not alone. For making me realize that no matter what, I'd always have a friend in you.

Thanks for sticking by me, you've made my roughest years easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!