Saturday, May 15, 2010

Aint this perfect?

I have been quiet lately, with a million thoughts running through my mind. I am not sure where the restlessness come from though. Nor do I really understand what kinda emotion that's sitting on my heart for a time.

Like, I miss going to the movies. It's been AGES since i've watched a film in a moviehouse. I miss that other end. I miss.. a lot of things. I am tired of hating that B**** at my workplace and tired of constantly being vindictive and wishing she'd just fall dead. sigh. I'm wanting a lot of things, wanting to go to x number of places, to do a few new things, a few old ones..

But when weekend comes, I feel oddly at peace.

Woke up late this morning to a wonderful sunrise. My lil one and I spent most of the day playing, reading stories, watching Princess and the Frog for the millionth time. AND cooking :)Work just went totally out of the window.

Since it's such a warm day, we decided to make banana peach fritters, or popularly known as TURON, to go with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Lil one was quick to take her spot in the kitchen and started sifting and getting things together.







We also made peach floats, since we have awfully many peaches left.







Peach floats turned out to be onehelluva better than the usual mango floats we make.

These kinda afternoons reminds us of the laid back summers we spend during younger years. It reminded me of the humid, summer days spent with the rest of the tapulan kids, inc. AND wishing we could make banana fritters and sit around the table for the usual afternoon chats. I miss my sis and Cuzn T sorely.

Lil one does too. But no matter, today, it's just one of those that can be categorized under awesome. Some of life's moments that just makes me say "awwww, aint this perfect?"

Well. Not quite. But almost there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!