Monday, May 3, 2010

When we take out the IM in IMPOSSIBLE.

I think i’m in love with an idea. I’m in love with something I just discovered. Like some sort of epiphany, a split second realization that brings this smile on our faces. And it’s funny, cuz I spend some hours of my waking time thinking about it. And I feel like I completely understand it, and completely confused at the same time. LOL.

Not really. When I let my heart roam freely, it usually gets caught in a net of the unimaginable. And so, I always hold it closely, more often with chains and a lock. There isn’t anyone to blame, and there isn’t a lot to say about it either. It just does, I just do.
I don’t believe in fairytales anymore, and I have serious doubts on happy endings and white horses too. No, it’s not anyone’s fault that people build walls around their hearts and their lives. And it isn’t anyone’s fault that we constantly shrug off the idea of perfect relationships or even relationships in general. And maybe if cynicism has caught up with us, we would always wear a frown and a shrug every time the heart sign turns neon.

But can you ever imagine discovering the word MAYBE?

No, I don’t need a man. I am fine on my own. No, I don’t want a father for my daughter. She has a lot of father figures in her life. No, I don’t want your big shot stories, I’ve had enough of that. No, I don’t want to date around just so I could say I am dating. No, I don’t want you to set me up with anyone, I’ve had enough blind dates before my daughter was born.

Yes, I am serious!

But can you ever imagine me taking out the IM in impossible?

Chances are, we could. Afterall, our minds work in mysterious ways. And our hearts too.

And so, I find myself loving fairy tales again –(though not really believing them yet again). And being happy about giddiness and other people’s fantastic love stories. And I admire the little flowers that bloom on trees, the cute hearts posted on a boutique window. AND I feel like I know.

Sometimes, when we discover what a perfect relationship is like, whether we are in one or not, whether we are looking for it or not, whether we believed in it or not, we just know.

And that, that is the idea I am in love with—that a perfect fairytale always awaits each and every one of us.

Don’t ask me though, how long the wait is gonna be. I have absolutely no effin idea! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!