Sunday, July 18, 2010

Praying for a Miracle

I stumbled upon a child's letter to God that said:

Dear God, I need a raise in my allowance. Could you have one of your angels tell my father? Amen (David, age 7)

Every day, I mutter the same prayer. or similar to it: Dear God, I pray for a raise in my salary. Can you please whisper a hint on my boss's ear?

I think my boss has heard it, but for the life of me, still hasn't given me that raise. lol

I have always believed in the power of prayer. My faith has allowed me to bend during a huge storm so I won't break. has made me see half full when all I could think was how empty I feel. and this time, the power of prayer has made me realize that all things happen for a good reason.

And as everyday, I struggle to make ends meet and struggle to create a happy second chance in life, I always find myself an answered prayer.

I never realized that prayers can move mountains; I don't expect people to understand or believe this kind of faith either. I think faith is a personal matter that we could not truly convey but we can truly share.

But for me, I am thankful for that line to heaven. Otherwise, I would be lost. and reduced to nothing every so often.

I am surrounded by a million miracles that testify God's existence. and the hundred more that glorify His name.

My twin J's sister C came out of the coma and can now move her left side, smile, talk and convey emotions we only dreamt of happening again.
My sister C has found hope in a promising career.
My friend V found another chance in her litttle baby R.
Good friend D, is getting married in about a month plus and love is just so apparent in this couple.
My little girl learns a few more tricks and everyday, she greets me with a new surprise.
I found answered little prayers when I checked my mail and employer I is needing more articles from me. And employer J has sold websites with the help of my articles.

Thank God for work and a hundred more opportunities. Imagine if we find nothing, get tired from doing nothing? Tired bones are better than bored ones.

Amazing right?

I cannot enumerate the many things that God provides for me and the many miracles we experience in our day to day. I am sure of by just wondering in amazement the joys of motherhood, the idea of rest, the fact of respite, the chances that we get, the feeling of pure love and simple happiness.. are only a few testaments of God's graces.

Happy, happy and blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!