Saturday, July 3, 2010

Laughing off Embarassment

Coco's first week at school was fun for her. She loved running around the playroom, chasing the ball, folding art papers and singing nursery rhymes. And she learned to sit properly too :)

Yesterday, my lil one experienced her first embarassing moment. And as I listened to her yaya tell me about it over the phone, my heart pounded like a bird trapped in a cage. I was scared for my lil one!

Coco, with all the glee and laughter, kept running around until her shorts snapped and fell to her knees. And since it's her first time to not wear her diapers and she's way conscious of her undergarments, her eyes went wide with shock.

And the room went quiet for a bit and her classmates erupted in laughter.

I could have fainted. I was sure she would cry. I was sure she's not gonna come back to the playroom. I was sure she'd wail like a baby. I was about to panic.

But I was wrong.

She gathered her shorts, held it at her hips and stuck out her tongue to each of her classmates.

And she went to her teacher to have her shorts fixed. And she grinned and went back playing.

I laughed. I was relieved. I was happy.

The second time she ran around squealing and her shorts snapped again, she gathered it again and exclaimed, "nahulog nasad bah.." (it fell off again) and laughed. Her classmates laughed with her. AND she fixed it herself.

Talk about overcoming embarrassing moments gracefully!

When I got home, I didn't want to ask her about it but she did share it with me and recounted the story just as her yaya narrated it to me. And she said it with so much laughter in her eyes, I swear it didn't leave a trace of trauma for her. LOL

And as I listened to her, watched the lil mermaid for the nth time with her last night, I knew my lil one is stronger than I am.

Because she can fight, can stand up for herself. can laugh at situations. can get over like a bouncing ball.

That Friday moment, I realized how blessed my little one is.

She is blessed with so much love, there isn't any room for insecurities. She is blessed with so much happiness, she can laugh at mistakes and fool around small tumbles.

And I am so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter, who I know will be ready for anything. At such a young age, this lil girl can take on the world, chase after her dreams and stand up high on a mountain with the stars on her hand.

THIS has got to come rolling with the other poud mommie moments I have!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You and Coco are blessed by each other...you both bring out the best in the other.
    I love coming here to check in with you and Coco...I think you are doing a tremendously awesome job

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!