Thursday, July 8, 2010

Princess and the Star

Yesterday, Coco didn't want to go to school unless she wears her crown and princess dress. She's been sulking the whole first part of the morning, refusing to eat her cereals until I agree to her choice of wardrobe for the day.

I tried telling her about appropriate dressing.

And she said they don't have a uniform.

I tried telling her she's a princess but she needs to put on a disguise.

And she told me, is that lying?

I tried telling her her classmates won't wear crowns and frilly pink princess dresses to school.

And she said, Won't that be great then, I am different and gonna stand out?

AND I feel, I think, how the hell am I gonna argue with that???? And because, I was running late already, trying to put my own stockings and my make-up on while trying to reason with her, I got her the dress and zipped it on.

AND here she is, all cracked up. all smiles. all ready to go.









Then I thought, seeing her face light up and watching her dance around like a pixie, how can such a lil thing mean a world to this lil one? Well, seeing this one little moment means a world to me. sigh. :)

After school, she showed me her star. She said her teacher loved their artwork and gave them a red star each. They pasted orange patches on a huge carrot the teacher made. AND she told me that she told everyone, her mommie bakes a mean carrot cake, with little carrots on top. LOL



Then she whispered to me last night, I am obligated to bake carrot cupcakes for her teacher and classmates!

Coco told me that we are all princesses, and we should always remember to wear a crown every single day and I think she's right. We should always treat ourselves like princesses, deserving to walk with head held high. Of all the things Coco has taught me over the years, she has taught me the self-worth and pride I have lost a few years back.

I wonder, if I am a princess, where the hell is my prince? LOL.




Nonetheless, we single moms also deserve a big ass red star of excellent stamps for a job well done!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful post! Love your little Coco's perspective. =)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!