Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shots from the lonely bar



What I hate more than finding my ice cubes tray empty is waking up in the middle of the night from a real bad dream. BAD Like waking up with tears and a heavy heart. And not being able to sleep back.

I know I have a lot to be thankful for, and I have more than my share of everything blissful. But for a moment there, in the middle of some crazy dream, everything felt weird. Like a shark eating my heart.

In a lonely bar, with coldplay playing and a half of a shot tequila. Thinking about nothing, feeling too much. and a lot of rain pouring outside. unthinkably agonizing heartbreak.

Then I woke up with my lil one snoring beside me. AND my heart beating furiously. not really. more like, from melancholy. or worse.

It doesn't happen often but when it does, it just sinks everything.

But what could be better? Me with white hair, sitting on a wicker chair knitting rags or me with white hair, sitting on a bar, downing shots of tequila?

This must be age woes. OR an onset of a midlife crisis. LOL. crazy ass idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!