Saturday, February 12, 2011

She's a girl no more

I sat there in the coffee shop, listening, answering questions thrown my way, ... Remembering things I have buried years ago.

And it was okay. I am okay.

When I heard those words, when I heard that denial, I admit it still hurt like yesterday.

I didn't flinch. I didn't move. I didn't react even.

BUT It hurt me. Pained me. Like how any mother will feel.

BUT you will not hear anything from me. Not a bit.

Because the woman who sat in that coffee shop is no longer the girl lost in M four years ago. That woman is no longer the scared one, who doesn't have a clue.

That woman is Little girl's mother. And even if it hurt me, straight in the heart, I held the damn tears in.

Because, this time, I've learned and I know better.

And this time, I know for a fact that I am not in the losing end. So no matter what you say, what every one thinks, my love for my daughter is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!