Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hugs from the Heavens

I had a restful sleep last night.
And in my sleep, I believe God spoke to me.

It has been a difficult few days- and I've had trouble sleeping: worrying too much, running after options that seem to be out of reach and almost panicking that things are just spiraling downwards from here.

I worried that the problems will not end, and I worry more that we will give up. I am worried that my strength will not be enough to support the other.

But I know now, I am wrong.

Before I closed my eyes at night I did what I usually do at the end of each good night prayer. I asked the heavens to allow me to have a good sleep and be able to give this mind and body the much needed rest.

So I can think straight today.
I can see solutions like detour signs with smiley faces.
I can understand the nature of the challenges and tackle everything like an eager fighter.

So I can reinforce my faith....

Last night, I simply asked for comfort.

And I dreamt the strangest, most simple dream.

Me and little girl were in the backseat of the car, with Manong driving us to her school. There, the drive was a long one, about half an hour or so. In this dream, I was aware of the feeling of peacefulness as I sat and thought to myself of how much I love these morning rides.

On the left side from my window, I eagerly took in the wonderful view. (Yes! The drive to school had a view!)

At the bottom of the rolling hill and across where my eye could see, there was a beautiful beach-island, with sparkling clear blue waters and corals peeking out in every wave. There were small town folks like me- sitting on make-shift benches, running across the shore, trying to sunbathe. It was a slow day

And I remember telling myself that we should come here for the holidays, as I am sure it should be magical.

We continued to drive by with that mental note and I remember anticipating to reach the school at the next curve. Yet, we strangely found ourselves driving uphill. It was a scary hill, because its elevation was so steep it almost felt like a 90 degrees climb. And at this point, strangely, I was the one on the drivers' seat - but with no controls.

Manong was on the passenger side and little girl is still at the back, sifting through her notes reviewing for her achievement exams.

Then in the middle of the hard climb, the car stopped to pick up one passenger whose face I cannot clearly see from my side of the window. As I sat bewildered, watching manong move out of the seat and me suddenly finding the wheel and shift materializing before my eyes, I panicked how I do not know how to run this car uphill. I gripped the wheel tighter and braced for the worse. (it's a fact that I am scared of traffic at flyovers. I am certain I will come rolling down crashing.)

There was no hand-break! (I must have been throwing fits on the bed at this point)

As the woman climbed in the passenger seat, I watched little girl at the backseat and closed my eyes thinking we're falling any second now.

But in this dream, I- suddenly, in that moment, realized that even if the hand-break isn't engaged, the car won't go rolling backward, downhill. If I remember, my one foot was heavily on the breaks.

The woman smiled and got in and sat herself comfortably.

It was my sister.

And then we slowly made our way up the hill, the three of us in the little car.

I woke up really early today, with tears in my eyes. And I quickly said my prayer of thanks and sat for a long while thinking how I am one hundred percent sure that things are turning for the better.

I have underestimated the power of prayers more than once in this life, and I always end up being amazed every time God personally talks to me in more ways than one too.

Sometimes,we just have to be more aware of his words and his message for us to find comfort in whatever uphill battle we are going through.

Today, I am thankful for the comfort. For my friends who have always been here for the three of us. For the family that never leaves. For the opportunities that keep popping, like mushrooms that cannot be ignored (hehe). For the beautiful music we can play today/

I am thankful for the morrow, because things always are better in the morrow.

Well, isn't today a better day than yesterday? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!