Saturday, November 10, 2012

Weekend ramblings and plans

Carrie Bradshaw and her fabulous unruly curls.
sigh.




Tartan is <3 p="p">

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I went to the salon a few days back to try to have my curls chopped.

I wanted my old hair back, I wanted straight, manageable, tinted brown hair again.

Kinda Like this.



Because every time I look at myself in the mirror and see this almost-ash blonde curls residing on my head, I get the urge to shave them all off.

But I left without letting the hairdresser touch my hair.
Because after browsing too many hairstyle designs (pixie short, Winona Ryder short),
I realized I'll live through the curls better.

Even if it looks like this.


And so I surfed the net for better ways in taking control and taking care of my damage strands.
I checked out new outfits to give my hair a break.

I cut-out clippings of new dress design ideas to make for me and little girl's Holidays uniform.

Anything to get my mind off a lot of things (and off my hair)!

Because --- Yes, I have always felt that changing hairstyle is jump-starting an otherwise boring life. (Thus, the curls, and the pseudo-dilemma)
Now, instead of trying to do the damage control and reverting back to the old one and badgering the invisible  wall back into the comfort zone, I embrace this change.
I embrace my wild curls. And convince myself that I have found ten thousand ways to tame it, style it, love it even.

I take back the want to return to the old past.
I tell myself:
I can look like Carrie Bradshaw (wild hair and huge flower pins and all HaHa)
and look fabulous and beautiful.
If all else fail, I say w:ith utmost sincerity and resignation:

Eventually, the curls will grow out and eventually, I will find a new hairstyle to jump-start my again boring life. lolz

Drama!

On the other part of weekend, me and little girl decided and promised to stay home.
To do stuff together at home, do chores, do homework, watch movies, and review for her achievement exams on Monday.

Our first tasks this sweltering, lazy Saturday was:
Find Manong Taho for an early morning Taho and Sago
Wash the car
Make fish Inun-on for lunch
Write a chapter (mine) -- yes, I finally managed to find the perfect excuse to write about my shit and actually get paid for it! hahaha
Study Phonetics (hers)
and Sleep a good two-hour nap.

So far, I've written only two pages worth of ramblings and some honest research.
If I want to beat the deadline my writing employer (actually myself) has indicated, I need to pull an all-nighter.
Yet here I am, dreaming of a good duyan, listening to Jack Johnson and the trucks driving by
and slowly finding the last note on the TO Do list to be unarguably inviting.


How's weekend looking for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!