Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life is a book...



This weekend, when lil one took her afternoon nap, I snuggled to catch up on my reading. As I take out the paperbacks, I re-read my favorites, with their creased pages and outlined passages. And I read my hours away.

AND as expected, it was full of thoughts. Random as they are, recurring as always.

Sometimes, what you read in novels is exactly how it is in real life.

The only difference is that the ending will depend on what the market prefers. and the fact that the characters will always do the expected.

But in real life, we are left with the questions they never ask. and the wonders of it all.

Years and years from now, When I die of old age, I will have a luggage of questions that I probably take with me to my grave.

Or maybe, I will live more years to tell the tale.

Then maybe, it will be a novel like 100years of solitude- encompassing lifetimes. encompassing the maybes.

********************************************

As part of my project change, I have come to watch the ME time materialize. And with this beautiful weekend, moments with lil one, the beach, dvd and a few good books are among the best that came with this kind of wanting to be better :) Makes us all wish for more long weekends and makes me think that THIS is going as it should.

Tonight, I combed lil one's curls until she fell asleep. AND as cheezy as it sounds, I have never felt so serene in my whole life.

It is true that one of life's greatest pleasures is having one's hair combed. And ALSO, in having the opportunity to comb your precious one's curls.

Beautiful Sunday night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!