Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nothing Better

Nothing would ever beat the feeling of being in a big bear hug with my little one.

When I got home yesterday afternoon, so tired from all the running around, catching planes and waiting and waiting for a delayed flight, my lil one shrieked when she heard me pulling up the drive way and all the TIRED feeling evaporated.

And she ran with arms wide open and embraced me the tightest hug ever. With all the toykingdom bag, laptop, krispy kremes in tow, moi dropped them all and hugged lil one tightest I could!!

AND i swear, my world stood still for a while.

We spent the rest of the night just talking, playing with her new barbie and ken dolls that Titas and Titas gave as presents. We slept early though, me being really tired and lil one being a bit sick.

As I wake up this morning, I thank my boss for giving me a day off to attend to reality. and spend time with lil one.

Today, my TO Do is a mess.

*write articles
*do groceries
*pay overdue bills!! arghhh!!
*bring coco to her pulmo-pedia
*balance checkbook
*write thank you notes
*liquidate
*sort the laundry
*sleep, rest, play with Cocobelle

I still have the big city hangover, but it feels good to be sleeping in a familiar bed, with my lil gurl sleeping soundly beside me. I'm gonna miss my best friends much, miss the idea of living in M with all the lights, the shopping and the craziest group. For a moment there in the past two weeks, I was kinda contemplating of making the big move.

Afterall, the offer is still there. The opportunity is still alive. And the little reasons why I loved it there always keep popping up. Like, my love-hate relationship with M traffic, the chaos, the noise, the starbucks and gb nights.. the people!!

Missing the place and a lot of people (including you), But you know, G, you're right. I change my mind.

There's nothing in this world better than home sweet home.♥

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts!