Thursday, April 29, 2010

Coming Home to Elbi



I've been missing elbi lately. I miss the place. I miss the people there. I miss Dairyville and the winding little roads. I miss going to St. Therese and the 5.30 mass. I miss my old dorm and the isaw and kwek kwek at Raymundo.

I miss hanging out with M,Rf,Rl,G and more. I miss my baby PCE and the old, big tree in the center of humanities. I miss my PCE family more. I miss walking hary and chasing raindrops. I miss crazy ass mernel's cake. and I miss having my hair done by Cecil at Metrohair. I miss my aTe L and B, and maybe ate Alma too. I miss my roomie S more.. and the rest of the CNY gals. I miss KA where I realized I love carrot cakes. And everytime I baked, I remembered how I searched and practiced til I got the almost replica of that one.



I miss waking up to the sound of silence and a few barking dogs. I miss the daily dose of fresh milk from DTRI. I miss the cows with holes on their sides. I miss riding the pedicab. I miss jogging around campus and wondering why I never liked running in the Oval.



I miss my classes. picking up classcards during this time. I even miss working for Ms T and slaving away at the social sciences dept. I miss sitting at vega watching people go by. I miss the sizzling sisig more at Indio's (GAWD I REMEMBER!) and maybe Bugong more. and oh, papu's how can i ever forget.

I remember the yakisoba and peanut butter and jelly me and M love. The Buko Pie And the Cafe where we always order the same dish. I miss IRRI lib, and the real long walks going there.



Because I am going back to elbi this year that I suddenly miss it so. :D Finally, finally, a clearer picture and timeline of the trip. AND so, I am excited to see my friends over at Makati and meeting my elbi-now-based-somewhere friends in old ELBI- maybe remembering the crazy stuff we did. And eating at grove again soon. And just taking in the lovely lovely lovely elbi! AND introducing my Coco to the wonders of lovely, vast, green space.

And I'm thinking, would my lil one love the place as much I love it? We'll see ;p



**images found on web

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!