Saturday, April 17, 2010

When Science explains the Dream

Did you know that the ability to switch perspectives and shifting your life is under a scientific and technological break through called Neuro Linguistic Programming?

My employer assigned these keywords to me about two weeks ago. And because of its complex sounding title, I kept shrugging off and pretending that the vacation and hotel articles are of more interest to me. When I finally ran out of other simple ones to run my mind through, I stalked wikepedia for the simplest meaning of NLP.

And lo, and behold, it is something we all want to read and know about.

Neuro Linguistic Programming or NLP, is a system that works with logic and linguistics to identify programs and mind-behavior relationship. With these tools of logical analyses, a shift in perspective for attainment of one's goal is called NLP.

Simply put, identifying a half empty glass and shifting to interpret it as half full is exactly what NLP is about.

A few years back, when I was in my lowest of low, I grieved and mourned and cried like the pain was too heavy to bear. that I'm too broken to move forward. Too empty to dream. Too everything. Then one day, with my bulging belly and all, I walked towards the chapel I frequented, I decided to put an end to my misery. I decided to look at the situation as a chance to prove i'm stronger than most people think I am. I decided to shift my words from I CAN'T to I CAN.

I started choosing happy thoughts only and refused to wallow in tears for more than an hour the most.

And though my healing and moving forward is a work in progress, I would like to think that I have gotten a few ribbons and stars along the way. NLP is about being better. being stronger. being more.

Yes, obviously, I am amazed at the whole concept. I didn't know that such mundane self-induced decisions such as shifting of perspectives can actually have a fancy term. And a whole string of courses too.

LOL.

Makes me bring to a confession: I have always wanted to be a life coach.

OH watch out Dr. Phil. No, watch out Wittgenstein. :D


Never stop thinking: One of my most favorite images of all time.

1 comment:

  1. Jel,

    We are "life coaches" indeed.

    Modern philosophers can see through the necessary formative confusions and find from them existential relevance.

    Jeg

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts!