Friday, March 12, 2010

Chasing the Wind.

I have been chasing the wind for years. And I have chased him not because I love the chase. But because I love the feeling of feeling the wind on my face.

I have often been told that life spent continually chasing is almost an empty life. Because in chasing winds, comes chasing time. And in the middle of all this run, we forget to pause for a moment and re-think the important things in our lives.

But this is what writing is for, right?

I am a single mother. And I live to chase my dreams to build the dreams of my little one. I live to chase my wind. So my daughter could one day chase hers. I live everyday like it's a 28 hour life because I want to retire with days spent like there is only breakfast, tea and dinner. I chase the wind now, because I can. And you should too.

And, Writing will document all the races I will participate in. Some of my friends claim they're too lazy to do this kind of chase. Too tired. Too something. That they'd rather watch me chase. And tell me how I look exactly chasing mine.

They are good people, chasing but now knowing. They too are chasing their own winds. Just too stubborn to realize or acknowledge the fact that they too are in their own race. And we just incline to say, we are merely on the viewing deck, watching cars pass us by.

Tomorrow, the north wind will take me to the top. So I could get a better view of things happening in my life. And tomorrow morning when I wake up, with my hot cup of choco and my endless quest for stringing words together, I will spend five long minutes of just taking it all in. And wishing on the last good morning star.

One day, I will find that someone who will chase the wind with me. Don't worry, for the first time, I am not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!