Sunday, March 7, 2010

Worries vs Happy Thoughts.

Why does my two year old kid act like a brat sometimes? Why do I keep on repeating things for people to understand? Why is our world full of skeptics, pessimists and angry people? Will I ever get rid of the habit of worrying? Where would we be five years from now? Will I be able to send Coco to a good school? Would I be able to meet my boss’ deadline? Will I continue writing until my fingers have grown numb from arthritis and old age? Would painting my toenails red be better than painting them bottle green? Until when are we going to suffer from these daily black outs? When will we realize that loving is never measured, for it is meant to be unconditional? What if I can’t raise the money? What if I don’t get into the training by next week? What if? What if? What if?

On a usual weekend, my mind continually goes on about the many worries my little heart holds. And instead of actually worrying them, I’m writing them down. My mind never stops working, and I’m thankful for that. For where would I be if I would stop thinking for even just a second? Ugh.

And so, after writing my worries down, I resolve to think only about happy thoughts. About things I look forward to this year, of the plans I draw for me and my little girl and for the little things that bring joy to my everyday existence. And so, here goes my happy thoughts for the week and the weeks therafter.

Coco snoring.
Red toenails.
Sunday Lunch with my family.
My sister gathering the courage to push through with her panel interview.
Writing endlessly about a number of keywords.
Hot chocolate.
Pineapples.
Adobo spareribs.
AC working.
Puppies.
Cakes.
Coco Shopping for toys and clothes.
New juicer and that beautiful Bulova watch.
Swimming.
Coco’s third birthday with Dora, Barney and the Disney Princesses.
A possible raise.
Gift Certificates.
Educational Plans.
Canada.
Ocean Park.
Christmas.
July, August and September.. wheee!
D’s bridal shower, wedding and more.
Writing projects.
Articles, articles, articles.
Blogging.
Making picture frames and postcards.
Baking cupcakes, tarts and more pineapple squares.
Balloons.
Flowers in full bloom.
Praying sincerely and whole-heartedly
Love. Love. Love.
That made me feel so much better. Anticipating the best and praying for God to help us with the rest is the best way over worrying much. And so, for this month of March, I resolve to lessen the worrying and increase the praying.

Keep the faith, everyone. Life is wonderful when we place it in our Father’s hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!